The Chapel was built in 1888 as a Bible Christian Chapel. It is unknown when it became a Methodist one but services have continued to be held over the years each Sunday. Now sadly, it only has 7 members but it does attract visitors from time to time from other churches and especially from the nearby caravan sites and the holiday complex at Sibton Park.
groups, the Caravanners & Campers Christian Fellowship
(inter-denominational) and the Baptist Caravan Fellowship have held rallies at
the Fir Tree Farm caravan site. Each
time they come they swell the congregation with their numbers, which can be
anything up to 30 people, and they take part by reading passages of scripture
and playing the organ. The Baptists
were here on Sunday, June 17th, 2007 and it was a joyous occasion
when our chief steward, Chris Tutton received a plaque from Betty Fuller, the
secretary of BCF.
Services are held at 9.30am on Sundays but with the occasional one at 3pm (at harvest festival and Chapel Anniversary). The local Lyminge newsletter gives the details each month.
You can be assured of a very warm welcome in this lovely small countryside Chapel.
(Contacts are Chris Tutton on 01303 862281 or Daphne Andrews on 01303 862865)